Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A tribute...

A tribute to my husband.. Greg! 



Now most days I am thrilled to tell you all about the "major" accomplishments of my rapidly growing boy. Whether it is to tell you about his new tooth or the amount of square footage he is covering as he crawls around the house, but today it is to tell you about Greg.

So 3 years ago he decided to make a complete career change.. Not an easy thing to do at any point in your life. But even harder when you are about to get married and start your family.

But after a dismal sales and marketing career he decided to make a change into the medical/firefighting field.

Now we knew it would be a long road, in fact at one point we had the timeline outlined on the front of our refridgerator just staring at us every day.  - fire classes (check) Emt (check) Medic prep (check) Medic school (...) and Baby-
It even mapped out when we would have kids.  I remember looking at it and just thinking it seemed so far away and 2011 is too long to wait for babies.  So wait we did not.  We decided to have Luke a few months "ahead of schedule" and pushed back the medic school application process by 3 months.
thank god.. for not waiting!


So two weeks ago the long awaited medic school application process started.
Out of 80 guys - Greg was one of 30 accepted into the fall medic school program at Palomar.

I could not be more proud and happy for him to be following his passion. 
I can tell he is really happy when he comes and goes from work.  He is doing something with purpose and meaning and will never have to try to sell a copier to an uninterested consumer again.

It is so great to see my two boys happy....


So in celebration - after the champange and tequilla shots we decided to cut down a tree. 
Well the next day - after the alcohol wore off a bit. 
I figure I have to get all the projects out of the way now...




And I think Luke is pretty happy about all of it as well!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Congrats to Greg, I just knew he would get in! I swear Luke gets cuter by the day, i want to bite those chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete