Now I can't seem to get off of it- every chance I get I keep trying to perfect my blog. It's days like today when I wish I would have majored in computer programing instead of Nursing. I find myself feeling like I am learning a new language trying to decipher all the coding and blog language.
So let me just say - my blog is as good as it is going to be for today and will hopefully continue to improve bit by bit as long as my internet cooperates with me.
Well 2nd week in a row of swimming and He LOVED it. Ok maybe not bold all caps loved it but he is getting more use to it and only cried for the first 5 minutes. He even smiled by the end. I'm sure I love it more than him but he is coming around.
Ok- so as I stir with the decision to write about this incident or not I have decided the "or not" is not keeping it real. When I started this blog I didn't want to hold anything back and be an example that life is not all roses and smiles and sometime sharing the downs as well as the ups is what life is all about.
So disaster struck on Tuesday- What started as a normal day.. a great day actually even getting my workout in and groceries done by 10am- turned into a moment I will never forget.
He was sitting up in his bumbo chair ... on the counter. (pause for the gasp) and as I turned to put the milk in the fridge... Well you can figure the rest.
Long story short- because taking about it still makes me nauseous- Luke suffered a skull fracture on Tuesday with no other injuries. He is doing fantastic and makes me realize how precious he is!
Thank God babies are made to be durable- I think I am the one who will be "scared" from the incident not him.
You would never know anything happened. He is perfect. In fact more than perfect- I can't get him to stop smiling, laughing or crawling- it is truly the BEST.
And he loves loves loves Charger, always reaching out to pet him. Actually always reaching out for anything right now. He sees what he wants and gets a look of determination in his eye as he begins to get up on his knees and scoot across the floor. He hasn't quite figured out the knee, hand combo. It's more like knee, belly dive, scoot combo. But I'm sure it will come faster than I am ready for it.So all in all it has been a good week.
More swim tomorrow and hopefully he will be all smiles.



No comments:
Post a Comment