Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where The Wild Things Are

Well it seems anytime we get visitors into San Diego it give us an excuse to do all the touristy stuff we "seem" to never have time for.
Even though we have had a membership to the zoo for the last 5 months or so, it seems the only times I get there is when we have visitors or I am meeting up with my friend who lives down there (which is not often enough). 
However that dosn't really count because we use it more as a form of exercise and not so much to stop at every exhibit and admire all the animals.
Although, I have to admit I could skip everything and go straight for the monkeys every time. They truly are my favorite! Something about how human-like they are I guess just amazes me.

My parents had their neighbors/friends from Iowa in town and though I only spent a few hours with them at the zoo It was so great getting to know them better and showing off our fabulous city. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Sunny and 70.






As we approach the end of this month Luke will be 7 months old. I can't believe it. Time goes so fast. I keep thinking he can't already be reaching the milestones he is headed for it seems too soon. Then I am reminded that he is almost over the hump of the first half of his first year. 
As you can see 2 teeth-crawling- and his newest favorite thing "blowing raspberries" with his tongue are a few of those milestones he has crossed off. Next come walking and talking - then high school graduation I guess.
But in the meantime I LOVE my "little monkey" and will soak it all in and take all the raspberries I can get.
As for the rest of my life - things are good. But at this time I feel the things I have to share about Luke are much more exciting then the boring things about "me".  What did I ever do with myself "pre-baby". 
Until next time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment