Friday, September 3, 2010

The Day Finally Came 8/30/2010 Lukes Birthday

Luke's First Birthday.


The day I have been dreaming about for 9 months finally made it's way here on Monday.

I left the house at 7am for our scheduled induction at 7:30- We were a little late but figured they can't start without us. We checked in and shortly after were introduced to Nancy the Nurse.. who rocked! She started the IV and began the pitocin. When I checked in I was at 4-5cm. Around 12 noon the doctor came in and broke my water, which was (at the time) the strangest sensation ever. After that Nancy Nurse suggested i get the epidural as I was about 5-6cm.

The epidural was done and also explained to me that it may not deliver a full block because of my back surgery. Sure enough he was correct. So I endured uncomfortable contractions from about 3pm-6:30 when i was told I had made it to 10cm and it was time to push.
I was not expecting to push for 3 hours... but I did and he was born at 9:30pm. All 9lbs 3oz of him.


Labor was the most intense, amazing experience ever. Greg was an awesome coach and in the end I DID IT!!!
He is so perfect!!

After 2 days in the hospital we made it home and are slowly easing to the transition. Luke takes after his dad as he is a night owl. Too bad Daddy is now a harder sleeper than he use to be.
Luke just seems to be very hungry at night, wanting to eat every 30". I have finally figured out that it may just be sucking that he wants and the pacifier allows me to get an extra hour of sleep or so.



He had his first Dr. appt today and is perfect all around. No issues!! Something i feel so lucky about!

So for now our days are filled with eating, pooping and sleeping. While I just stare at him amazed that he is here and this really happened.
I think he is the most perfect baby and so BEAUTIFUL!!

2 comments:

  1. I love him! Can't wait to meet the little guy!And you're right- he is perfect! Congrats to you and greg!!!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun to read about new mommy's and their first days! THanks for sharing! I pushed for 3 hours (almost) as well the first time...I hear that is pretty normal. At least I am going to believe that! BUT...you did it, he's here and now you can smooch his little perfect face whenever you want! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete