
I made it through my first week.
Mommy and Daddy brought me home on Wednesday and I dont think they quite knew what to do with me. But I quickly showed them I'm not that hard to take care of. All I need are a few things.
1. Boob
2. Boob
3. Boob

Ok well after all that I also like
4. Swinging
5. Sleeping

6. Pooping
7. Having my back rubbed while we dance around the house.
8. Lying on Daddy's chest while we watch football.
9. And just snuggling up close while you talk to me.
Mommy and Daddy even took me to the beach on Friday
They brought along my brother Charger who I think is slowly starting to like me.
He gives me lots of kisses on the head but they don't seem to bother me, in fact I kind of like them. I don't think Charger is too fond of my middle of the night wake ups but he will get use to me eventually.
Daddy takes Charger to the park almost every day so he dosn't get sad.
We have tried to go on walks as a family but I don't really like them yet- So I cry until they turn around and then we go back home.
I also cry when I am hungry. Mom was breastfeeding me every 30" x3-4 hours at a time throughout the day. She didn't think this was quite right so after a little help from the lactation nurse and some reassurance that I was getting enough food she finally surrendered to the pacifer. HELLO... Why didn't you give this to me sooner Mom. I LOVE TO SUCK!!!!
Now I sleep for 3 hours at a time at night allowing Mommy to get a little sleep.

We also had a professional photographer come to the house on Tuesday of last week. I didn't like that too much. Mom and Dad kept trying to take my clothes off for the pictures and I wasn't having it -so I just cried and cried. The photographer was there for 3 hours trying to catch me in the right mood when i wasn't crying. I decided to cooperate a little bit because it seemed to stress out Mommy. I think they were able to get a few good pictures of me and I know they will be excited to show them off when they are done.
My umbilical cord fell off this week and Mommy was very excited to give me my first bath. I liked it a lot- I didn't even cry once. And when it was over I smelled so nice!!


We have many more first's to come but so far this first week has been great
- I am just so happy to be here!
Mommy and Daddy keep telling me how perfect I am and that they love me so so much!
Grandma Holt comes Monday and I am excited to hang out with her.
I also have my next doctor appointment next week so I'm sure Mom and Dad will keep everyone updated.
Love Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment