I had a doctor appointment last week where I was told I am 3cm and 90% effaced and she could feel his head. (which is weird by the way). She then proceeded to tell me it could be any day now.. even today. After the appointment I was having a lot of contractions and thought for sure it would be Tuesday or Wednesday that I had this little baby. But sure enough the contractions subsided and Tuesday and Wednesday passed without the arrival of our new son.
over the last week we decided to start a new landscaping project.
My mom has been here and what started out as her and Greg doing a little trimming on our hill turned into a complete gutting and removal of 1/2 the trees on our hill- planting new flowers and ending the weekend by hiring some Mexican workers to unload a dump truck of mulch and spread it out over the hill.
Oh yea and we found a massive bee hive to boot and had to hire an exterminator to kill off the hundreds of bees that were swarming in our back yard.

All of this has been so great but still no baby. I even did some planting and weeding and still no baby. He is playing hard to get because every day I have some form of contractions and sometimes they will be consistent, every 5-6min but then go away after half an hour. Then I begin thinking this is it.. then it isn't it! It's like he is just playing mind games with me. (typical male)
So in the meantime I am trying not to think about it every second of every day. I am going on a walk today and then if nothing else. Greg and I are going bowling on Wednesday as this was the catalyst that spun his Mom into labor.
Greg wants the baby to come Wednesday night or Thursday so he dosn't miss class or his last day of work. Maybe Luke knows that...
I cant wait for my next post to tell you all about the delivery and show off pictures of the new little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment