Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Too Busy to Blog..



Wow how time flies. I can't believe it has been over a month since my last update.
And oh so much has happened.
I guess in a perfect world I would be able to be a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Friend, housekeeper, cook- take two back to back trips and.. keep up with my blog.  Well I do not live in that fantasy world that I dream so much about.

Instead my blog is a month overdue but I have been having so much fun with my little man and husband. I have put lots of yummy meals on the table,  got to see family back in Iowa and do our own "family" and friend trip to Lake Mead for Memorial weekend. So I would say the month was a good one and a productive one.. even if it's taken me the month to tell you all about it.

waiting in the airport at San Diego
The first big trip was back to Iowa for my cousin Sarah's baby shower.  It was a very anticipated trip for many reasons. The first being - It was Luke's first time on a commercial airplane. I worried about it for about a month and it went.. well OK.

He didn't really cry but oh was he busy. We were up, down, sideways- really just all over the place. 
And you would think I would have sat in the row with the nice 3 little old ladies who kept making eyes at him -- oh no- I was in the row with the 2 guys who could have cared less that I was spilling my Cheerios and had baby puke on my shoulder.   I think they were just trying to avoid me for fear I may ask for help.
But overall he did great.  I mean how could you not love this face.

Once at home he was, of course, spoiled by Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jon and Rae and lots of other friends and family (who I could have really used on that airplane ride). 


It rained pretty much the whole time we were back, but it didn't matter much as the weekend flew by quicker than I wanted it to.  We were busy with a fun baby shower on Saturday for my beautiful cousin Sarah.  Then we had lots of friends and family stop by to keep Luke very entertained and loved.
Auntie P - Cousin Sarah and baby Noodle ( in belly)- P and Al

He also kept pretty busy throwing around Mom's fake fruit all weekend long.

We discovered his new found love for lemons..Rachel told his she had a trick for all her crying babies at the restaurant and it actually worked. He made a few faces but the minute we took the lemon away he cried for more.



All in all it was an amazing time and as always went by too fast.

We came home to only get ready for the next trip.... And I know it's not quite blog etiquette to jam all of this nonsense into one entry but well this is what it has come down to this month.  So for those of you followers who are still following me .. read on.

Lake Mead bound we were Friday - Tuesday the following week.  All I can say is lots of pool time, boat time and he even said his first word... "Daddy" and "Dada" of course!

We rented a house with some great friends and had such an amazing time.  It wasn't as hot as it normally is in Vegas this time of year but fun in the sun was had by all!

 I think Luke even made some new friends in Colten and Tate. ... Well maybe not so much Tate but Colten definitely. He would tell me every morning "I'm going to babysit Luke..ok?!"



So I may have taken way too long to do it .. but there you go. You are now updated.
OH yeah and
8 teeth (4 on top 4 on the bottom) -check
Can stand alone for 10 sec or so- check
Can eat finger foods and lots of them- check
Can say Daddy and Dada- check
Can Wave- check
20.5 lbs and 29inches.. and 9 months!!!

1 comment: