Thursday, February 17, 2011

So Many Changes So Fast

5 months and growing....fast-

Wow 5 months and already Luke has not 1 but 2 bottom teeth.
He has tried cereal, oatmeal and sweet potatoes, squash, pees, apples...and LOVES it all.

He rolls over with ease and is scooting around so much I'm sure it wont be long till he starts crawling. 

Meal times are my new favorite time with him.  He just loves to eat.  It's just so fun watching him want more and more. If you don't get the cereal in fast enough he cries and huffs and puffs. It usually ends up all over his face, nose and hands, I even found cereal in his eyelashes the other day.  We try our best to keep him clean but sometimes it just dosn't happen.
Greg even finds it's easiest to just take off all his clothes first. 




Recently he has been fussy through the nights and at first I wasn't quite sure what was going on. It's quite frusturating actually at 3 am to be running through the checklist.
Is he hungry?
Is his diaper wet?
Is he cold?
Is he hot?
Does he not want to be swaddled?
Does he want to be swaddled?
And when none of it works we just rock and rock and rock.

Well now I guess i know what it is that keeps him up at 2 a.m.... TEETH!
2 have already popped through the gum line and I can imagine it must hurt, I guess i would cry too.

However- since I have been working on this blog article for the last 3 weeks. ( I guess I have had a lot going on) Luke has slept through the night twice now.
2 nights in a row even. 
I have stopped his 9pm bottle and he has been sleeping 6:30-6....so I hate to say it and ruin my streak but I feel so lucky.
It has been really great after a few weeks of Hell I guess it is deserved!

He seems to little to already have 2 teeth. I feel like he has just really grown up so much these last few weeks and he's not even 6 months yet.


Luke had a lot of fun these past few weekends.  We went to an air show last weekend where the weather could not have been better. While the rest of the country was freezing their asses off we were siting on the beach in 70 degree weather.. not that i am trying to brag or anything. 
We then got to enjoy a nice dinner with Jim, Candi and auntie Andra and Peter.










 Now this weekend we are getting ready for our own "weather" Forcasting rain this weekend. That means a lot of "home" time. Which I can never seem to get enough of. If you ask me any day off I would be content spending it at home cuddling up with my little man. Forget the grocery store or the target runs I just want to spend it with Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment