Sunday, January 3, 2010

What a New Year

We have lots of newness coming in with the "New Year".
2009 treated us well and left us with many long lasting surprises. So i decided to officially start a "blog" to document the journey and share it with all my friends and family. I hope you find it enjoyable!!!

Our first big exciting news began with the purchase of our first house.
After 8 months of searching for homes and coming up flat we finally found just the perfect house just for us. It is on Honeysuckle Drive - even the name was cute.
Greg and i pulled up to the house and we couldn't believe this was in our budget the other houses we had been looking at had any number of problems..moldly walls, holes in the roof, you name it we saw it. I guess our introduction to California real estate was not as promising as we had envisioned. So when we stumbled upon Honeysuckle Drive it felt we had really found a diamond in the rough. And best of all it was move in ready.
So after a lot of negotiating it was ours... with one stipulation.
We allowed a 60 day lease back to the old owner so we decided to save a bit of money we would bunk up with our parnet's (Jim and Candi) for the month of December.

They were the most gracious hosts letting us invade their house and garage for the month. We decided to give them a little break and we would spend a weekend in Julian.
It was my first time there and we had so much fun. It was very cozy and romantic - we didn't get any snow but lots and lots of rain. Our B&B was super cute no tv, radio or clock in the room. But don't worry Greg managed to download lady ga ga on his phone to keep us entertained.

Julian will always be very memorable to both of us because it was shortly after this trip that we found out we were pregnant!!!
It was December 19th and I was packing up some of our stuff to take to the new house from Jim and Candi's when I found some of my Pregnancy tests i decided what the hell i might as well see what happens. I didn't really expect much so after i peed on the little stick so I set it aside and continued with the packing. A bit later I checked the results and i saw 2 lines... HOLY COW. I ran downstairs and showed Greg. I don't think it really kicked in for a few days for either of us but we are soooo very EXCITED and couldn't ask for more blessings in our life at once!
How very lucky we are~

So here are a few photos of our journey. My intention is to keep everyone updated on all the changes that are yet to come in both the house and my belly.
Much love for the New Year!!
Greg And Jen

The best B&B in town... I am convinced.

View from our hotel room rained the whole time...so cozy


Christmas came shortly after Julian - We officially got to move in on the 23rd of December just enough time to put up "our tree" ha ha

Our "real" Christmas Present. I put the biggest red bow i could find on the door to surprise Greg


Had to have this pict...

No comments:

Post a Comment