Oh how I love it here!
In an effort to get away from the day to day Greg, Luke and I headed off to Santa Barbara for the weekend. I knew as we were headed out the door on Friday that it would go by fast, I just never dreamed it would flash by in the blink of an eye.
Santa Barbara in 36 hours....
The journey began Friday afternoon rushing to get out of the house and beat Friday traffic. But of course in true fashion we hit LA at 5pm Friday mid rush hour. But somehow we escaped what could have been a nightmare only sitting in traffic for max 20 minutes. From that moment on I knew someone was on our side and it would be a perfect weekend.
We couldn't have asked for better weather- 75 degrees and sunny both days.
I found myself having a few ahhhh moments just taking it all in.
We managed to fit in the Santa Barbara Zoo and lunch at our favorite resturaunt Via Vai (the best and always a great place for celeb. watching) with Andra and Peter.
We made it to Julia Child's most favorite and frequented resturant La Super-Rica for dinner and loved it. A tiny little taco stand that most nights has lines out the door to waiting to order from an assortment of authentic Mexican food. Then you take a seat in plastic chairs in the small coverd "outdoor space and your food is served on paper plates with plastic utensils.. nothing fancy folks but delish!!
Even Luke tried a spicy bean torta by accident and had his first "real" taste of Mexican food.

We wrapped up the weekend with visit to the Ty Warner aquatic marine center at the end of the pier- big hit in Luke's weekend. He LOVED IT. We got to pet some sharks, sting ray's and sand stars.He just loved running around and probably could have been in a pet store and had the same effect. But it was a great place and I would reccommend it to anyone who has kids and wants to check it out.

The last few stops in our short trip included a trip to see Greg's Great Aunt Barb and letting Luke run around her living room using her cane as a "vacuum" I think he had just as much fun doing this as he did running around the marine center..
Funny little guy he is.
And no trip to Santa Barbara is complete without a visit to State Street for some shopping. First and only stop was to a toy store.. Oh how times change.
We made it home in 3.5 hours and tucked ourselves into bed at 9:30 and watched a "late night" superbowl game.
What a great weekend but it went way too fast - The only regret.. not enough photos.
Cant wait till our next trip back!
No comments:
Post a Comment