Monday, November 1, 2010

8 weeks and then some

8 weeks and So Cute




Well a lot has happened since the last post.
Luke is now 9 weeks old and is doing so much better.
The colicy phase is slowly improving and he is getting on more of a routine.
He had his 2 month check up last week and received his first set of immunizations. I told myself I wouldn't cry and sure enough when he got that first shot his bottom lip shot out and then started crying I found myself welling up with tears.  I am sure that is the first of many moments when I wish I could just take all his pain away in an instant.
But with a little food it was all forgotten. I guess breast milk is like the lollipop for newborns.







Since the last post. My best friend Kari surprised me with a visit. We had a little mommy makeover a little retail therapy and even a trip to the wild animal park.
It was an action packed weekend and so much fun. I wish she lived closer!!


Our Friends Kenzie, Gerry Becca and Reese even made the trip down from LA for the day to enjoy the park with us.
This is the only photo we managed to get of us the whole time she was here.


Then Greg and I decided to take an impromptu trip to Vegas to visit my parents who were there celebrating my Mom's birthday.
We ended up staying 2 nights and Luke did so good I contemplated moving into that hotel room.
He was like a different baby.. taking naps sleeping till 6am and very little crying.  This allowed us to enjoy the fancy hotel with nice bedding maid service, room service and in-room movies. We took long showers sat in the hot tub and soaked up the sun by the pool. It was FANTASTIC! 
But I guess what happens in Vegas stayes in Vegas..
because he is now back home and onto his normal routine of 5am wake-ups. 



Then came Halloween...
A night of pumpkin carving...




Costumes






And Neighborhood Trick o Treating with the Trentinjak's

I cant believe how fast these last few weeks have gone.
Luke is growing so fast and changing every day.

It is so bittersweet. I am headed back to work next week and as much as I am excited to get back and see all my girls at work I am so scared of missing so much with him.

I have found myself just staring at him trying to soak it all in these last few days.  I have been spending a little extra time holding him, rocking him to sleep, dancing with him.

It is so amazing how something so little can change your life so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment