Sunday, April 11, 2010

20 weeks.. bittersweet

20 WEEK BABY BUMP





Well i officially hit 20 weeks today, half way there!
I was suppose to go home for my shower and celebrate with all my family and friends but as i'm sure all of you know i was unable to go.

I have been doing so great since i hit my 2nd trimester. So great i guess i forgot i was even pregnant because i just keep pushing myself a bit more than i should have i guess.
We had a really busy Easter weekend, then i was busy week to follow.

I woke up Wednesday AM, excited it was my last day of work before "vacation" the only problem, i wasnt feeling so well. Thinking it was just the mexican food we ate last night i brushed it off as nothing. Then about mid-day i was officially having cramping and pressure. When i called my Dr. i never in a million years thought i would land myself in her office with her telling me i cant do anything for the next few days including travel.
I thought oh im sure it's just gas or something and it will pass so i canceled my ticket home for Thursday and re-booked it for Friday thinking i would feel better. And sure enough 2am Friday morning i woke up thinking there is no way i can get on a plane i can barely move without feeling the cramping. So I, again, cancelled my flight. After all the drama I finally decided to listen to my body and advice of my friends and family and just rest.
I have realized i'm not a very good "rester" But i managed to read my full book for book club- something that has never been done before. Catch up on facebook and all the episodes of Grey's Anatomy and then some.

I am feeling much better today, Sunday, and thought i would show off some pictures of our new house and the baby bump.

OUR NEW HOUSE PICTURES OF A SOMEWHAT FINISHED PRODUCT









VERY UNFINISHED BABY'S ROOM(Just an Idea of the Paint Color)



Thank you to all my friends and family who understand and encourage me to do whats right!! I love you all and cant wait for you to meet Luke. I will have to make up my "shower" over Christmas.

As for 20 weeks- well i am feeling great minus the cramping. I am finally in maternity jeans that feel grrrreat!! I am starting to look pregnant and not just fat. And i think i am having my first real "cravings" I want to eat Chocolate all the time and it's even better when it is in the ice-cream form, frosty's, fro yo, and heath bars are all on my list. We'll see what i crave next week it seems to always change.

Love you all and enjoy the picts!

1 comment:

  1. Jen! I am so excited you are having a boy! They are seriously the BEST! Congratulations!!!! I am sorry to hear about your cramping, but it is so important to listen to your body! It will be worth it when you hold your little baby boy! I started showing about 23 weeks so I know the feeling! Congrats on the tummy too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete